View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 03:42 AM

Default Re: Curious for your thoughts (something from ToP)

[ QUOTE ]

1.Do u ever follow Sklanksy's advice here (or is there a general situation in which u call a flop raise and donk turn).

[/ QUOTE ]
I used to do this a lot with like TP medium or bad kicker hands, but I felt like I got raised pretty much everytime. I always ended up folding and I think it cost me. I rarely stop n go now, especially since check-calling produces the same result you want (1 bet on the street) and villain will almost always bet again here. The check-call avoids the situation you don't want(2 bets). The only other time I'll donk is to 3-bet with a monster against an aggro player. Otherwise, I think the best options are 3-betting, check-raising the turn (my fav), or if you're hand is too weak but just strong enough for SD then check-calling down.

[ QUOTE ]
2.What is your usual plan if u get raised here (include turn)?

[/ QUOTE ]

With that strong a kicker, I'm going to call-down. But again, it's situations like those which is why I avoid the stop n go.

[ QUOTE ]
3. And for kicks, lets say, instead of betting, u check-raise and get 3bet, what is your plan (include turn)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll call, and fold the river unimproved. It may not be the right move, but I hate raising and folding to a 3-bet. Also, improvement also includes the board-pairing to counterfeit a possible 2-pair.