View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: MySpace Opener Theory Discussion

I believe that points 1 and 2 are more a function of your profile than your opener.

This is the opener that I copy/paste to anyone within 50 miles of me:

Subject: I love Alabama
Body: Hey I was just looking around on here for anyone that lived around me (Enterprise). I just moved here and I don't know the area at all. Is there anything to do around here? I haven't seen much closer than Atlanta but driving 200 miles for something to do is getting a bit old.

This works well for me because (1) Alabama sucks, everyone knows it, and chicks are eager to talk to someone who can sypathize with how much Alabama sucks, (2) It provides a legitimate reason for initiating a coversation. Although the real reason is that the girl has hot pictures up and I want to get in her pants, you can't make this known too soon, or you will come across as either a perv or just like every other guy who messages her. Initiate conversation, display your game, then make your intentions known. Also, (3) The response is always either "There's nothing to do here, AL sucks" or "Yeah you can go here or here" and in either case you're set up well to ask for a date as early as the second message if you feel the time is right.

This might not work for everyone else, because it's very dependent on my situation, but hopefully some people can adapt it or use parts of it to develop their own intro. I'm sitting at about a 50% response rate right now with this message.

Edit: Also (4) I hate Atlanta, and I never go there for fun. I threw that part in there to imply that I like to travel and I like to get away from Alabama, both of which are very common feelings among the average girl I message.