View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 02:40 PM

Default The nature of 800 chip games

This is just basically a philosophical question regarding the nature of 800 chip SNGs. In this hand, I had AQ hit TPTK, and doubled up a player with KK. Looking at my HH, the only play that I could question was my flop C/R, but as I think about it more, I don't think that it would have mattered. What I'm getting at is, especially in 800 chip games, is there enough room to ever get away from this? (Being a 22, obviously I have no knowledge of this player prior to this game.)

My feeling is that the stacks are so short that sometimes you are just destined to give all your chips away and that playing any differently might be good for that hand, but bad for you SNG game overall.

I bring this up because I sometimes look at other players' HHs, and I tell them that in order to avoid stuff like this, their games would turn into MUTB weak tight pansies. IMO, if I don't double up the button here, I played the hand wrong. This is assuming an unknown opponent on the 22s.

Correct or incorrect?

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t30 (10 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t595)
UTG+1 (t1350)
MP1 (t730)
MP2 (t850)
MP3 (t582)
CO+1 (t745)
Hero (t835)
Button (t693)
SB (t675)
BB (t945)

Preflop: Hero is in CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, UTG+1 calls t30, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises t130</font>, Button calls t130, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>

Flop: (t335) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">Button bets t100</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises t300</font>, <font color="red">Button raises t463(All-in)</font>, Hero calls t263

Turn: (t1461) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)

River: (t1461) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)

Button had KK