View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 07:37 AM

Default Re: 10/20 TT Calldown

[ QUOTE ]
i think you may have convinced me, so i didn't want to explicitly say that he should raise somewhere. how does calling down save you more when you're trailing as opposed to raise/folding the turn though?

[/ QUOTE ]
Since we know the villain will not fold his gutshot/overs to a turn raise, calling down has to make more money than raise/folding the turn and checking the river. This is so even if we assume the villain will never 3 bet the turn with a hand the hero is ahead of, thus allowing the hero to always fold correctly. In both cases the hero is investing 2BB, but in the raise the turn example the hero will sometimes not get to see the river since he will fold to a turn 3 bet. So in both scenarios the hero will be investing 2BB but only in the call down scenario will the hero get a chance to spike a set on the river every single time. Thus the hero will win more pots when he calls down.

Calling down can also potentially save the hero money if the villain is capable of 3 betting the turn with a lesser hand than TT. By calling down the hero can save all the pots he wouldve got outplayed off of had he raised/folded the turn.