View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 01:44 PM

Default A Rebuy ? for Math Majors

I have basic math skills. But, I definitely lack the ed. to come up with a formula to guide rebuy purchases. Please note, this is not a strategy request. I am looking for a specific formula that would offer a "general guideline" to purchases based on the following: Buy-In,Rebuy Amount, Field, Prize Pool. Possibly, players presumed advantage over field, historical success rate. Any other factors I am not thinking of???

Some examples:

10+1 rebuy with a field of 1,100, 1st place prize of 12k, field advantage of 70%, historical cashes.

100+9 rebuy with a field of 145, 1st place average 13,000, 20% field advantage, historical cashes.

I think there is a sensible formula to be found. What got me thinking about this was playing a 10 rebuy and spending $71 (1-entry 5 rebuys 1 addon) with a very weak field (weak A's calling early pos all-ins etc.) Vs. spending the equivalent 100 plus9 of entry/rebuys/addon and then playing against a smaller, yet much stronger field.

There may be mittigating factors that prevent the creation of an equation. I apologize in advance if that is the case. But, I remain optimistic that there may be a way.

Thank you for any help you may be able to offer.