View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: AK suited $5.50 UB

[ QUOTE ]
I call this raise with AK suited often (with the stack sizes as they are). I don't like pushing into the big stack without a made hand and this is a hand I try to see a cheap flop with. If I miss my hand I can still get away from it, if I make my hand I can check raise this all in EVERY time at this level. Every preflop raiser will continuation bet to my check, without ever putting me on this big of a hand. If I whiff on the flop, I feel I still have a very chance at cashing. I hate busting out with AK to a pair of dueces. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I think my play on the flop and turn was less than optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you whiffed the flop and now you have over 1/3 of your stack in the middle post-flop. Seems, like you were more committed to this AKs then your post above says.

Also, you did end up pushing into the a guy that has you covered here, however you waited until he told you he had a hand twice, once preflop and once with his call post-flop.

I stand by my earlier advice of pushing pre-flop. >t500 is a nice pot for you to pick up here without seeing a flop.