View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: money management

Everyone learns at their own pace, so it's very hard to say how much should be budgeted toward learning the game. Really, if you have studied at all, you are way ahead of most players and could start winning right away. Of course, you will experience swings up and down, and there's no reason you can't start on a downswing.

I suppose I lost about $250 before I realized I should get ahold of a book and figure out how to play the game. That was before the days of nano-limits; there's no reason you have to lose a lot while learning the game.

Of course, early wins will probably be eaten up by the cost of books that you really should be studying. But that's an investment. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As for how to manage your money. Just play very, very low while learning. If you can invest $150, you can play pretty safely if you stick to the nanos at a site like PokerStars.

How much is reasonable to lose? It's all dependent on how quickly you learn the concepts and what limits you play. Study hard and play very low and you won't hurt yourself too much.

Regards,

T