View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Re: 99 overpair out of position on $100NL 6max

[ QUOTE ]

You bet half the pot, got raised and still had absolutely no idea what path to take. So, you charged yourself a minimum of $15 to end up in exactly the same place you would have been if you had checked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really appreciate this comment - I didn't even think about what to do if I'd get raised.

At the time I didn't think too much of the min.raise, and felt it was an attempt to take the pot away from me.
Looking back, I have to agree with you that my half-pot bet on the turn may have been an invitation to do so.

RESULTS:
I reraised all-in. Villain ran deep into his time bank before calling. He had A6s (Spades) and needless to say rivered an A.

[ QUOTE ]

I think the problem street here is the turn,

[/ QUOTE ]

I see that now. Funny that my motivation for the half-pot bet was to keep the pot small, not wanting to go broke with this hand. A bigger bet would probably not have induced the min.raise. Or even with a check-call on the turn and a check-call/fold on the river would've enabled me to get away from the hand a whole lot cheaper.

And the all-in reraise... Well I guess it was right but for all the wrong reasons. Just looks a bit silly now that I managed to do what I was trying to avoid.

Thanks for your help!

J9.