View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 03:50 AM

Default Re: Flat-out adorable

I mean the guy hadn't been noticeabley active or inactive, passive or aggressive. But betting 600 on the flop is one of two things:

A) He's a supergenius that is way ahead of me and knows he can trap me into some fancy line or doing something dumb.
B) He didnt really know what to do so he just... kind of bet and decided to go from there.

So since he was in speculative B mode (I think), I tried to think if there was any way to stir the obscure juices in his head into getting away from something foldable. I didn't think the stars were aligned right for him to fold to a flop push but a turn line might cloud his mind with doubt and get something going for me. It was really very scientific.

Maybe this was too table/timing/feel dependent to have a good discussion on. It's probably better to just push the flop and say "dont f*** with my preflop raises" and go from there, since it cant possibly be much worse EV wise (all lines are close here). But just playing gorilla-style straightforward makes me wince, and my poker fetish is finding lines like this to earn chips in a way that noone else has thought of. Sometimes I'm wrong and just find a new way to spew chips, but hey, if i can find every way to screw up a hand, I should get pretty good at this game.

Next time I'll hit the turn.

Everett

<font color="white"> He thought for like 15 seconds and called with AK. My jaw hits the floor, and that was that. </font>