View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Re: party 2k NL. a turn i\'m not sure i like.

[ QUOTE ]

I'd bet the turn and call a check-raise all-in. Here is why:

You are ahead almost all of the time here. We have the ace, queen, nine, and six of hearts accounted for. What flush is he supposed to have? KJ/KT/JT/T8/87/75 are the only reasonable flushes. Some of those hands don't look like min-raising hands preflop; others are going to be pushed some percentage of the time on the flop.

His most likely hand is AK, in my opinion. AQ is another possibility, in which case you're freerolling. I wouldn't let those hands off the hook by playing a small pot. The money just isn't deep enough to worry about getting check-raised, especially when you have a ton of outs against a set/flush and when a worse hand (AxKh) might check-raise. Also note that a lot of your potential outs aren't getting you paid by a worse hand on the river if you do hit them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is very lazy, but ML4L hit the freakin nail on the head as far as what my thinking was on the hand.

I felt like he could have AxK[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or AQ more than K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J/10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. part of this reason was the speed with which he called pf, there wasnt much thought put into it. from the time i raised, the others folded was maybe 4-5 sec, and he had the call button clicked when it came back to him.

this led me to think a made hand moreso than a draw.
this isnt to say i havent seen big flush+ draws call raises fast on the flop, but i find its more often a made hand being stubborn.

so on the turn, I thought for a good 15 sec, and decided that I think i am ahead a good amount of time here, coupled with outs against everything he could be possibly hold.

i bet $800 or $850, i dont remember which, and he thought for his whole time, and finally folded.

sry the results werent more exciting but when I played this hand, and talked about it afterwards, i felt, hey, i finally played a hand worth talking about!

thanks for all the responses.

fsuplayer