Thread: AKo hand
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 02:59 AM

Default Re: AK oddity

* grunch *

0: should i have capped preflop? (in position i like to, but often i won't cap out of position against a "good" player)

A good player will reraise with AA-TT, AK, AKs. So preflop you figure to be slightly behind so capping is probably -EV with AK.

1. should i have bet the flop?

Against the aforemention range of hands you are ahead of all but AA and tied with AK, AKs (actually you are behind A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] as well). You are vunerable to paint to any paint falling so slow-playing is not an option. Bet for value.

2. should i have 3-bet the turn?

A non 8 heart is a great card for you. If Villian had been more agressive on the flop you might have tried a check/raise. But armed with the information you have he may be on a WA/WB line so bet away. The three bet is fine and +EV in the long run. If Villian has AA he missed a bet.

3. should i have checked the river?

If paint hits in this situation you do have to worry about QQ and some TAGs will reraise with AQ especially AQs so checking seeems correct (even if weak and timid [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).