View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: RESULTS and my 2 cents

WOW u called a bunch of people idiots and then displayed your idiocy by completely screwing up the numbers. And I mean COMPLETELY

U Said
>>>>>>""Frankly, I am disappointed with most of the responses in this thread. I think Post-Oak, neon and Thabadguy are the only ones that had anything remotely worthwhile to say at all.

I think that those of you (and this is most of you) that are arguing that this is an “insanely” easy call, are idiots.

Rounding off a bit – I have to call $900 to win $1100. So I am getting about 1.22 to 1 on my money.

1/1.22 = .82 – so for this to be a “correct” call in the long run, I need to be ahead about 82% of the time. Now, of course if I am behind I will catch up about 25% of the time so, that 82% is reduced to about 60%. But there are also the times where Villain is semi-bluffing, I AM ahead but HE catches up and I lose. But anyway, to be conservative let’s just stick with 60%. ""<<<<<<

U realize when u have to call 900 to win 1100 u have to be right LESS THAN 50 PERCENT of the time...NOT 82 percent!!Actually a lot less than 50 then with the board pairing it is less than 40 I think. Anyways, thought this was pretty funny. Be careful when u call people idiots.