Thread: Isolating a TAG
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Isolating a TAG

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing about your plan makes sense to me. You isolated a good player with a bad hand and then take an approach designed to pay him off.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure people are giving crunchy enough credit for recognizing a good situation. If a predictable tag limps, he's not going to have a power hand and he's not going to chase it too hard after the flop. If you can successfully isolate this tag, it's probably a profitable situation regardless of the cards you hold. I don't think this play is very advisable at Party 2/4 because someone is pretty much always going to call your raise and rain on your parade. However, the only information I have is that Crunchy iso-raised and it worked. So I have to assume he correctly assessed the various factors and picked one of the rare situations where he could get away with it.

I think his play after the flop could be improved. But I'll take heads up, in position, with the lead, and against a tag who doesn't really like his hand all day long - with pretty much any 2 cards.