Thread: NCAAB 11/28/05
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: NCAAB 11/28/05

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested since I took Depaul at +2.5.

Would like to know where my analysis failed. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there's still a small matter of a game to be played [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I had a terrible start to my college hoops betting, and a series of great days got me to my current record. Believe me, I could be way off.

Anyway here's my take on the game: At first glance this looks like a former Conf USA/now Big East team heading out to hand a beat down to a MAC team that went 11-17 last year.

However, Northern Illinois beat Depaul at Depaul last year. Northern Illinois returns 4 starters from that team while Depaul only returns 2 starters. Depaul is somewhat weak in the backcourt and have turned the ball over more than their opponent in the previous 2 games (at home). This will be their first road game.

Northern Illinois returns their top 5 scorers from last year. They have a big edge in the backcourt over Depaul. Depaul may have a bit of a size (weight) advantage in the frontcourt with some heavy hitters, but Northern Illinois still has the tallest two players with their 6-11 starting center and 6-10 backup center. Northern Illinois shouldn't have a problem winning and covering the small #.