View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 04:48 AM

Default Re: 3/6 NL Stars hand

First thing I'd recommend is adding a BB to your preflop raise as a result of having the MP limper.

Secondly, I think your flop bet needs to be ~3/4 to pot-sized. By betting so small on the flop you aren't defining your hand which in turn makes his minraise not give you much information.

Thirdly, the 3-bet here is fairly worthless as you're simply making the pot bigger without really any other significant purpose.

With TPSK you're typically not looking to takedown a monster pot. Given the fact that you have no reads this hand is very misplayed, and I don't mean to be condescending by any of this. By the river I'm not sure if I call or not having that much of my stack in there. But the hand really comes to bet sizes which I'm guessing is the leak in your game.

One of the big goals of No-Limit is to keep your decisions as easy as possible while making your opponents decisions as difficult as possible. If you look at the way the hand played out, you have very difficult decisions to be made the entire way. I have no clue what hand your opponent may have, due to the line taken by hero.

I suggest establishing a preflop raise formula. I.E. 3BBs + 1BB per limper + 1BB if out of position. I also suggest you make your standard flop bets 3/4 to full-sized pot bets.

Hope this helps, excuse the essay, but I'm trying to get back to the thinking part of my poker game.
Later,
-Ace