View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: pfr cold calling standards.

If you assume everytime somebody raises they have AAxx or KKxx there is no reason to call with a weak QQ because your hand only has set value. When I see a raise from somebody that doesn't raise often I'll muck a hand like QQ74, but if it's a hand like QQJ10 either SS or DS I'll definitely play it, same goes for JJ. Four straight cards are always good, the big straight cards go down in value slightly because the chances are at least 2 of the cards you need for a straight are in the raisers hand, but the positive thing about that is if they hit their set you may be able to stack them with a straight.

Another thing is if you know they only raise with AAxx or KKxx and it's only a 2 or 3 way pot, and the board comes low, you can usually steal the pot with nothing. If you are first to act and check to them they will likely try to take it down with a CB and then you just pot a check raise and they will fold pretty quickly. But if the other person in the hand calls and I have nothing I'll just let it go.