View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Seems like you guys spend more time talking about money than poker

thundercat32,

you responded with a lot of energy and thought, plus you are named after the thundercats and i appreciate that. i don't remember the thundercats names but my favorite one was the short blue guy with a bald head. he was like the engineer i think, and did a lot of behind the scenes strategy, even though lion-o got all the credit. and also when the time came the blue guy could handle himself on the front line, with those giant spikes on his shoulders.

but you're right we should always as poker players be motivated for bigger and better things. this site is useful for doing so, but this site is also useful i feel for allowing players to share and compare their winnings and to ask questions about things like real estate and taxes, which in a sense is just counting our money as you say, but it's an indirect way of talking about money and successes, so poker players enjoy conversing about such seemingly boring topics as united states tax law. what i'm saying is, i enjoy watching my bankroll grow and i like wondering about the possible real world implications of having more money in my pocket, and if a poker player can't get happy counting the money he just won sitting there doing nothing, then this game wouldn't be nearly so enjoyable and eventually we'd wear ourselves out worrying about improvement all day.