View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Can\'t stop the spew.

[ QUOTE ]
In the second hand, why would you check the flop? With 2 diamonds on the board, don't you want to have him raise you and push out the other two (or at least pay 2 bets for their draw)? Plus, if he doesn't raise, you have more information about his hand and can now assume that a three on the turn won't counterfeit your 2 pair). Assuming he's aggressive (and he must be considering he raises 55 PF with 2 limpers ahead) and assuming he doesn't hit his 2-outer on the turn (which doesn't quite work this hand), you can just call his raise on the flop and then check raise him on the turn which nets you about the same amount of money as your flop check raise, but also protects you against the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

What draw? Who here is on a draw? Just because there are two diamonds on the flop means someone has a draw--in fact there's only about 25-30% chance that anyone has two diamonds. If there is someone with a flush draw, why would checkraising the turn "protect" me from it--are they going to fold or somehow not have enough outs? By my quickie Stove I have 65% equity vs two loose opponents and a raiser with a respectible range (though probably more now that I know what he has), and a preflop raiser immediately after me who I can use to trap the field--if this isn't a perfect opportunity for a flop c/r then I don't know what is (disclaimer: I may not know what is). Also, if he does go to war I'd (hopefully) have the sense to slow down before it starts costing me more of the big bets.