View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Re: How long have you been in the stock market?

[ QUOTE ]

Learn to "Short".

[/ QUOTE ]
I made a decision to not start shorting until I can confirm I can make a profit with normal trades. Once I show a profit from normal trading, then I will investigate shorting and set up a margin account.

[ QUOTE ]

You must set stop losses on Swing Trades... protection of capital is your number one priority!

[/ QUOTE ]
I do use stops now, at the time I didn't that's why I lost a lot on that stock. This mistake should never happen again. Every trade I do now, I set up a stop loss.

[ QUOTE ]
What system are you using?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've come up with a something from a combination of things that I've read. CANSLIM, online stock screener ratings and a Swing Trading video from Oliver Velez. I can go into specifics if you want, although it seems like no one here ever really discusses their personal trading systems for whatever reasons.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you feel stressed out when playing poker too?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. As I learn more about trading, I'm starting to feel more comfortable. I'm also trying to find out if I really want to swing trade. It takes time at night, time at my real day job and in the morning when the market opens. I might just find some long term ETF investments and not spend so much time on it. I'm still a novice trying to figure this stuff out.