View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Why do I always feel the need to slowplay....

That is the type of situation i definitly wouldn't slow play or give free cards. There are several flush possibilities out there and also a straight possibility as well. Trips queens is a hand very, very hard to throw away, which basically means your committing yourself. Calling an all in with trips, against a flsuh possiblity is a hard call to make, especially when it may involve your entire stack.

Anyone still in the pot after a raise on preflop is likly to either have kings or on the flush draw. The only way you know if someone has made a flush, or is on a flush draw is by betting. You need to figure out people by betting. A bet to find out where you are will save you many more bets on the turn or on the river. If someone is going to make a flush, make them pay for it. Slow playing trips queens in this situation will provide you with more problems.

I would only slow play trips queens, if there is no flush possibilities out there, and also no high straight possibilities....provided a raise was made preflop to decrease the possibility of a small straight.

You learn from experience, you really should only slow play when you have a massive advantage. If you are going to slow play, be pre pared to get away from the hand and fold if you suspect you are beaten.