View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 01:59 PM

Default thoughts and results

OK I guess I should have elaborated that my read and personal feeling about the button was that he is a poor player and would overplay his hands. I also felt his postflop skills were poor. I had seen him reraise from late position, and won a decent pot when his 6-7 offsuit flopped 2 pair... point being I had him in the crosshairs the whole time.

The weak flop bet was to induce a bluff, which worked. I think he would have folded had I reraised all in on the flop.

Going with my initial read, I risked giving him a free card when the ace fell, cause I thought there was a decent chance he'd have an ace and would bet, or would bluff if he didn't. Obviously that worked out well for me.

Him having AA never crossed my mind. There was no way he slowplays that hand preflop.

He turned out to have A-T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for top pair and a flush draw. When I pushed he thought for a long time before calling, he was getting 4-1 from the pot at that point, I think that's a pretty easy call in that situation... but like I said, I don't give him credit for being that good of a player postflop.

The reason I posted this is, although it worked out for me in getting maximum value, I didn't feel too good about how I played the hand and I just wanted some opinions.

Thanks

PG