View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Internet-poker-playing world traveller

my GF and I will possibly be doing an American version of this at some point.
She can get a gig as a 'travelling nurse'. She would go to wherever they have a nursing shortage via some agency which means just about ANYWHERE.

Our current plan is to move to New Orleans next year and stay there for a year or two perhaps.
Then off to wherever in the U.S. we want to go for 3-6 months at a pop. Hawaii, San Francisco, San Diego, Boston, Colorado, Destin FL (my parents and sister live there and my GF loves the beaches) and perhaps even Vegas (during WSOP time when I would be likely to be there anyway) are some of our ideas.

The travelling-nurse agency covers the cost of moving and residence is my understanding.

So her hope has always been to eventually do this travelling-nurse thing...and my job is already transportable obviously.

hitting europe at some point might be an option as well.

And winning the occasional entry to a major tourney on the PPM cruise or pokerstars cruise to Bahamas or to Aruba or Paris or Barcelona or wherever could be a nice little 'side-trip' as well.

of course, by the time we're finished with all this travelling and are ready for kids she would be about 37 and I would be 43 (only kind of kidding...she's 28 and i'm 34). Hmmm.....maybe we'll have to cut short some of those travelling ideas.

But these ARE the general ideas that we have been talking about.