View Single Post
Old 04-17-2005, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Chip Leader - Mandatory Call?

[ QUOTE ]
Still wrong martin
say hypothetically the blinds are 5k/10k - someone pushes from utg for 11k - you are on the button with 2-7 offsuit - it's an easy fold - but say you are the bb you MUST call if you have any idea what you are doing. you call in the dark
hope this makes you see what we're saying - the fact that if he was in the bb he would have to CALL A LESSER AMOUNT.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, one last try. Of course you have to call in the dark in the above example, but the reason is not that you did invest money yourself. The reason why to call is that you now get great odds. Of course you get the odds because of the money already invested, but this still makes no difference that the money already invested is no longer your money. That was the only thing I wanted to make clear, since there are lots of players out there who defend their blinds (or call on later streets) too loosely, due to the fact that they still see the money in the pot as "their" money, which simply is wrong. How often did you hear somebody say: "Now that I have called the bet x I have to call the bet y too." Poor poker. Itīs all about odds at any given street.

In the first response of Betgo I thought he had this reasoning. Thatīs why I responded. I never said that he shouldnīt call in the BB with that hand.

I hope this makes it clear finally

Martin Aigner