Thread: Wierd Hand
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Wierd Hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you really thinkg SB is 3-Betting this pf w.o JJ-AA with those stats?

[/ QUOTE ]
Top 5% of hands would be something like 99+, AJs+, KQs, AKo. You've got decent equity against this range. Note that his PFR matches his VP$IP - this leads me to believe one of two things: 1) He's raising almost every time he enters a pot (which means ALL the hands I mentioned above) 2) your read isn't very good. I think you're a decent poster - but I'm more inclined to believe #2. I can't ever recall seeing a 5% VP$IP player in several hundred thousand hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

He raises 5% of his hands. We should intuitively conclude that he 3 bets a lot less than that especially OP. Just because he's 5/5 doesn't mean he automatically plays AQs everytime for a raise regardless of circumstances. I'm thinking you are reading too far into this.

[ QUOTE ]
I capped pf to take control of the hand in position. On the flop, a 3-bet puts a lot of bets in there when I'm likely behind of SB. [ QUOTE ]

Then why not fold the flop. If you're sure your behind - you don't have odds to continue. Fold. Otherwise.... raise that [censored] up. You've got plenty of equity against a reasonable SB range and the donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this was the way to play the hand.