View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 12:24 PM

Default KJo in LAGgy hand

I've picked up a nice little rush of cards, and I think the table is getting annoyed with my raises because the action has picked up a little bit. Button is aggressive and is capable of an isolation raise. The cap from SB is a little worrisome, but he's also a loose aggressive player (50/20) and can probably cap 99+, AK-AQ, and maybe AJs and KQs (this is a guess - The solid info is that I've seen him 3-bet TT). BB is a super donk.

I considered folding preflop, but I just couldn't resist a 4-handed capped pot for only two more small bets. I'm not sold that my call is right. The plan was to play my pairs very cautiously and to be ready to dump the hand if there's too much action (because I'm likely drawing to 3 outs).

The turn check-raise was an interesting decision for me. Since nobody raised, I figured that nobody had the flush, straight, or set, which means top two pair is probably good. Too aggro?

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (18 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 18 BB