View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: \"Save pots, not bets\" vs. paying off too much - 2 hands

Hand 1: You have to lead this river. If the flush or straight is out there, and it's raised and re-raised behind you, you can safely fold at that point, but you're allowing yourself to potentially get bluffed off the hand by checking here.

Hand 2: Check raise the flop, lead the turn w/ plan of folding to turn raise. Check raise gives some protection value, and you get more info. As it stands, you put yourself in a very diffucult situation trying to read what the flop raise means. if you take the line of leading the flop and calling the raise (which I don't like) I think you have to lead to turn back when a heart doesn't fall, and fold to a raise here, because you're drawing very thin. In terms of calling the turn raise and the river bet, you shoud dump to the raise on the turn, or at the very least on the river. had the river gotten to heads up, I think a river call is possible, but there is almost no way your hand is good vs. once you've been raised on the flop by the CO and check raised on the turn by MP2. One of them has to have you beat, and I think this is a good spot to save a bet.