View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 05:32 AM

Default Re: MySpace Opener Theory Discussion

I haven't read the huge-ass thread and I know very little about myspace, but I think I get the jist of what is going on here. Half of 2+2 is trying to hook up with these chicks online, no?

If that's true, then

[ QUOTE ]
2. It should make the girl want to ask you questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is something that failed miserably for me (though I've only tried it in real life...maybe this whole internet hookup thing is way different). A good cold-call (in the telemarketing sense, not the poker sense) opening line should

1. Be funny/entertaining
2. Open the girl up to talk about herself, particularly about that beautiful person that lies beneath those D cups that no one ever bothers to see.

The whole game is not about you. It's about her trying to validate herself. 90% of the hot girls who would go through posting these pictures (which I assume are purposely hot...cute poses with clothes/light/other crap that highlight her better parts) know that these pictures are going to attract males who will tell them how hot they look, which in turn will lead these guys to kiss their asses and tell them how they are such great people and how they share such a deep connection. These girls have low self-esteem. Do NOT give them that validation they are seeking. That's how you end up getting played just like most, if not all, of the 100 guys on this chick's profile. Trust me...I know. I've been played a lot and I know a lot of guys who get played a lot. If you don't give them that validation, they will come after you to get it, even if it means she has to seduce you and sleep with you to make sure you like her.

Make jokes
Get her talking about herself
Get her on the defensive

You are the prize to be won...not her.