View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: ALL Forum Splitting Comments/Suggestions Go here!

My suggestion is similar to the one I put forward in a joking way in the thread I started. Split it into "MTT-Strategy" and "MTT-Miscellaneous". The MTT-Miscellaneous would include all sweat threads, official tournament threads, off topic, low content, beginners questions and micro buyin.

It should generally be up to the poster to determine what is low content, a beginners question, or micro buyin. The moderator could move thread where there are objective criteria and in extreme cases, such as questions about folding AA preflop.

I think this has the advantage of letting people ask beginners questions, make low content posts, and post sweat threads without getting flamed.

This works well for me. I play in $1000 tournaments, but also play in the $5 rebuy, $2 rebuy speed, or fpp tournaments sometimes while multitabling. Sometimes I 8-table $20 20-table SNGs or $15 2-table SNGs. I don't want my posts onse segregated out because they are low buyin.

I don't want to have wade through most of the stuff that would be in the miscellaneous forum. However, sometimes I want to make a low content poist and not be flamed.

Similarly, with the BBV forum, I appreciate all that junk being over in BBV, but sometimes I want somewhere to post my quads versus quads hand without getting flamed.

I think this approach would reduce the noise and clutter in a way that would cause minimal inconvenience to poisters and minimal controversy.