View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Hand vs Carlos Mortensen in Bellagio 3K

I really hate how you played this hand. Preflop call I think I'd probably make, but it's probably also wrong.

The flop bet's horrible, and it bugs me that you gloss over it in your post; you cost yourself money here and should regret it. If you feel the need to play off of your image, c/r the flop and represent a set/flush--it'll be a kind of semibluff as you could always spike an offsuit 6/2 on the turn or river. Probably, you should just check/fold here though.

On the turn, I like the bet because he can't put you on the 2. I call the raise because reraising allows him to play perfectly and check/calling a non-spade the river gets you money off of some busted draws. Also, showing down this hand'll be really fun for your image [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

As played, you can't fold to this raise with the odds that you're getting, given the chance that you're ahead and the odds that you'll suck out. He could have AK with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], just K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (very unlikely), a flush, or a boat (unlikely because of flop call?).