View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: extracting value?

Soah,

I think it's going to be pretty tough for you to represent a flop bluff on this hand. You've got 4 way action in a preflop reraised pot. It seems pretty unlikely that everyone will doubt a big ace is looming out there and be willing to play back at you after a typical 2/3-full pot bet into 3 players.

Because of this, I think the weak "feeler-becaues-i've-got-99-bet" line is going to get max value here, most often when someone tries to pounce on your weakness representing the ace themself. Also, you're probably checking a lot of pots in position anyway, so I think you should go ahead and do that here too.

The river becomes interesting after checking the turn. If villain checks again (which a TAG probably wouldn't do with an ace himself) you can try a big river overbet where you have the best chance of representing a bluff against one player. A smart TAG might have an easier time getting away from a river 1/2 pot value bet than a huge bet, especially if he's the type to make a big call with QQ or JJ here.

If villain block/value bets, you can push/call depending on what falls on the river.

In summary, unless TAG Villain thinks your FOS, or has AQ, I think it's going to be tough for you to get his stack. That said, I think the above line will get ya the most.

KoW

Edit: Just read that the hand was messed up and it was really the unknown BB who called. Even still I think most of this applies to an unknown on party. i haven't played on stars though.