View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 12:45 AM

Default My Morning Jacket - \"Anytime\"

I first heard My Morning Jacket about 3 years ago after getting reccomended the album; everything I heard about the CD At Dawn was true: it was haunting, unlike anything I'd heard before, and lead singer Jim James's voice was beautiful. I hated it. Iron and Wine dipped in two tons of reverb did not appeal to me in the slightest, but I couldn't doubt the talents of Jim James.

I decided to give It Still Moves a shot, because sometimes an artist surprises me with the second album I hear. I was pleasantly surprised and liked the more accessible disc, but it still didn't click for me.

That is, until one night while watching Conan, I heard My Morning Jacket would perform. They played "Anytime" off of their new album Z and I was hooked. The reverb from the previous albums has been cut by approximately 50%, and the electric guitars have been kicked up a notch while still maintaing an ethereal and free feel that keeps me double-clicking on this track in iTunes ten times a day.

Download "Anytime" by My Morning Jacket so you can double-click it 20 times a day in iTunes