View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Damaged cheques (or \"checks\" for you Americans)

[ QUOTE ]
Slim. For that amount of money and the extent of the damage, it would be a real trick to get that check cashed where I work (at a bank.) You'd probably have to have a good relationship with the branch where you tried to cash it...and then it would be considered a big favor. I'm guessing our tellers and managers wouldn't stick their necks out like that. Wouldn't hurt to try, but I'm guessing you'll need to get a reissuance.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, that's what I thought. I sent an email off to the site that issued the cheque to see if they'll re-issue it for me.

I figure even if it makes it through my local bank (I was going to deposit it through the ATM), it's just as likely to get stopped when it reaches the originating bank a couple of weeks from now.

I'd ripped a cheque from top to bottom once before, and taped it up and deposited it in the ATM with no problems so if they give me a hard time about re-issuing the cheque, I'll probably just chance it. However, the rip this time looks a lot worse than the rip the last time.

And yes, I'm a retard for actually having ripped *two* cheques in my lifetime.