View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Play a set of Cowboys with me ($33)

raise pf looks good.
id bet out on flop 300ish.

i dont particularly like the check raise line on the flop in this case for a couple reasons:

1 - there is a flush draw and some inside straight draws out there. button could have 2 hearts or somethign like Q10s, QJs or J10s. i dont want him checking behind, the turn coming the J of hearts and then having to poke out a bet to see where youre at and then have to fold to an all-in.

2 - you checking here looks incredibly suspicious. if you whiffed, you would have taken a stab at it most likely since you raise pf from the bb. your check means either you whiffed and would fold to a bet of 125 on that scary board, or it means that you hit a monster hand. in either case his 125 bet will give him his answer and let him out cheap if you hit your hand.

as for your checkraise on the flop, i like the amount - it give him slightly improper odds to call and to try to hit his flush and you still have a chance to hit your boat - if both happen, you have 4400 chips in level 3.

but i dont like that it got that far - unless this player you know to be horribly donk-y or amazingly tricky (why bother in a 33?), bet out 300.