View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Play a set of Cowboys with me ($33)

[ QUOTE ]
1) What are your thoughts with my check on this board? Any concerns about a check-behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) This is interesting. I usually like just betting out with my strong hands for many reasons. Villains like to call waaay too much on the flop. Sometimes I feel like they just call cont bets with air because they don't wanna be bullied. And sometimes they even have the brains to raise instead of calling, which would be cool here. Continuation bets don't get much respect in my experience. Donks sometimes seem to just call them with air because they don't want to feel bullied or something I guess. A check/raise however pretty much gives away the fact that you're holding a monster or maybe a semibluff or something. You usually don't get any more than villains initial bet, if even that. A continuation bet disguises your hand well, and villains need worse hands to raise your bet with than to call your checkraise.

[ QUOTE ]
2) What is your interpretation of the small bet by villain?

[/ QUOTE ]

2) I don't know. Could be a lot of hands in my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]
3) What do you think about the reraise? The pot is laying villain 2:1 odds. Am I pricing him in for anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the raise, not reraise.. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] I think it's good that you raise pretty big. If they feel like calling, they will call. And a big raise looks more like a possible flush draw.

[ QUOTE ]
4) This hand is HU. Should I have any concerns about the flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

4) Not much IMO. I think you should be concerned about getting their chips in the middle. It's just usually easiest to do it on the flop.