View Single Post
Old 09-18-2002, 10:10 AM

Default Blind steal hand for review - just lucky?

HELLO! First post in a while, really like the new board! Anyway, here is a hand from last night PP 2/4. First time back up at these limits after going back down to .5/1.00 and 1/2 to try and find/fix some leaks.

I had been running very well up until this point and was up about 22BB in 1.5 hours. I get dealt A3o on the button. The table was playing fairly tight all fold to me, so I go for a blind steal and raise. Both the SB and BB call. Now for the rest of the hand:

*** FLOP *** : [ 5c Qh 7d ]
Both check to me, predictably and I bet. SB folds, BB calls

*** TURN *** : [ 5c Qh 7d ] [ Jh ]
BB checks, I bet, BB Raises, I call

Question - Does anyone fold here? I realize that I am in bad shape, with Ace-rag, but, how many people think he is just making a play?

*** RIVER *** : [ 5c Qh 7d Jh ] [ Ac ]
BB checks, I being really confused, check.

QUestion - who bets here?

He shows 6d6h, and I take down the pot.

I realize that I got lucky to spike the Ace on the river, BUT didn't he get REALLY lucky that I did not have a Q, a 7, or a J?? Was his check raise a pure bluff, or good strategy? How would you have played this if you were him or me?? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

I feel like he outplayed the crap out of me on this hand, but on the other hand, he got luck as hell, seeing that I could have had all sorts of hands that I would have raised with on the button that beat his mid-low pocket pair.

Your thoughts???

Thanks as always!

PaulF