View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: I Need Help With A Very Important Decision!!! (NOT Related to Poker)

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah no doubt a B.A. in psych is nearly useless in the job market as far as pay goes, but I don't think the OP meant this to be his "main" degree, he's going with economics. I don't think an engineering degree is going to be a great addition to the economics degree. The pay does eventually increase in psych though, ~$100 bucks an hour I'm not complaining.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that it may go well with the economics degree, but I would think that a business or accounting type degree may compliment it better. (Although, these degrees are very close to one another at the bachelor level. It wouldn't surprise me if the difference between an economics and business degree is like 3 courses.)

You're definitely right about the top end of the psych field. I just find it frustrating that you can't reach that level without a graduate degree. I am VERY happy that my wife is getting her masters now. With her having a BA in psych and a masters in business and me testing for my PE license soon, we should be walking around in gold pants in no time! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]