Old 08-13-2005, 02:33 AM

Default Iraq/Al Qaeda Operational Ties?

This looked interesting to me so I thought I'd post it:
http://www.meib.org/articles/0104_irb.htm#irb3
Specifically...
[ QUOTE ]
Iraqi Spies Reportedly Arrested in Germany
16 March 2001

Al-Watan al-Arabi (Paris) reports that two Iraqis were arrested in Germany, charged with spying for Baghdad. The arrests came in the wake of reports that Iraq was reorganizing the external branches of its intelligence service and that it had drawn up a plan to strike at US interests around the world through a network of alliances with extremist fundamentalist parties.

The most serious report contained information that Iraq and Osama bin Ladin were working together. German authorities were surprised by the arrest of the two Iraqi agents and the discovery of Iraqi intelligence activities in several German cities. German authorities, acting on CIA recommendations, had been focused on monitoring the activities of Islamic groups linked to bin Ladin. They discovered the two Iraqi agents by chance and uncovered what they considered to be serious indications of cooperation between Iraq and bin Ladin. The matter was considered so important that a special team of CIA and FBI agents was sent to Germany to interrogate the two Iraqi spies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone know why this never made news till now? I don't think it was in the 9-11 Commission Report. Anyone know what has become of these two suspected spies?