View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Re: after reading some posts, this raises some questions---

[ QUOTE ]
as to who would be qualified to actually [coach]! one of my main issues is how the training would actually be setup, what the arrangements would be, and how much would he/she would be motivated to see me succeed. it kills me to think of paying that kind of money when my coach is more interested in nearly 100-150 buy-ins that he's getting rather than how much he/she can help me or whether they can at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the best arrangement is half fixed fee, like 10K, then the other half from a certain percentage of your first 1000 215s after the coaching. but either way, I think it is pretty hard to establish this kind of arrangement mainly due to the information asymmetry problem. a top-notch SNG player may not be willing to coach even for such a high tuition. and on the other end lots of people may not be able to justify the tuition either because they are very smart or they are dumb. for very smart people, they are able to learn the game fast enough - so 20K or 30K is not worth it for them. for dumb people, no matter how much they spend and how good the coach is, they may never be able to beat the game. so i think only a small group of people can really benefit,i.e., those people who just need some guidance to be on the right track to beat the game. without some coaching, they may lose their whole bankroll along with their self-confidence and may quit the higher-limit SNG forever.