View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: have freind with drug problem... it\'s really scaring me. help? in

bholdr-

I've been in your situation too many times. It's really up to her to decide if she wants to listen. The best advice I can give you is to try and catch her maybe after shes gotten some sleep and before she hits the blow again. Sit her down and go over the events that have happened in her life over the past few weeks and how ridiculous she's acting and how far from reality she's strayed. Explain that you care enough that you WILL do something, whether it's call the cops or drive her to a rehab clinic and you won't let up until she's straightened her [censored] out.

The key is to apply constant pressure to the situation until something (on her part) is done. If you give her even a window of opportunity to kick you out of her life or go and blow coke again, it will be a neverending story until she's dead/locked up for good.

I hope this helps you. At one point in my life almost everyone I knew blew lines (me included) all day everyday. When I started throwing up blood while it was running out of my nose I decided I had to do something about the situation. I think I'm just really realistic and once the bubble of "this is so great" popped, I could never go back. This is the outcome you're aiming for: make her see that it's killing her.