Thread: Dream Jackpot
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Dream Jackpot

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, but your thought process is way off on this hand.

You're not raising preflop to get people out, you're raising so that if the perfect situation arises (everybody calls) they'll be putting in 2 bets instead of one. Would you rather just win the blinds?

You shouldn't be scared of the flush when only two hearts are on the board. You should be overjoyed that someone might give you a lot of action while you hold top set, not to mention your odds for drawing to a full house are quite good on the off chance another heart comes, and that player has 2 hearts in his hand.

Sorry I didn't answer your question, but you should be thinking about why you actually raise with AA, or call with T9s after 3 limpers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always assumed you raise with AA to go against 2 or 3 people and not a large multiway pot. Is this not correct?

I will look at the two hearts differently from know on, but I will still be glad when the third one doesn't show against my lone pocket aces in the future. But if one does show I know calling down for a boat is the correct move. Thanks for the advice.

And namknils I will be at Foxwoods almost everyweekend, I hope Trump and Party is treating you well.