View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 03:26 AM

Default Re: Ring game player poppin his cherry questions (low quality)

1. My first question doesn't need to be that complicated. To simplify it lemme post it this way. All other factors being equal, against an equally skilled opponent, how much equity advantage is neccessary to make 3 betting the correct play.

I realize this can become severely complicated if you try to factor in how passive or aggressive he is postflop, and I know this question becomes almost meaningless if you don't factor this in. THe entire point of my question was to determine if certain hands that are mild to moderate favorites gain more by being passive and deceptive against an aggressive opponent than simply getting in a little more when you only have a small edge.

2. I know this is a question that can't bet answered without a lot of analysis. If someone could simply list the top 5 factors that swing them towards each line it would be very helpful.

3. I guess I'm mixed up about this as well. I feel like when I'm being aggressive and he calls, I'm am probably not betting for value except with my greatest hands. The only advantage I've found is that I can get a lot of free cards from him and if I draw out with them I usually get paid off better than usual. I assume there must be much better ways to take advantage of his passivity.