View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 08:16 AM

Default Re: AKs Flop Laydown

Ok, so this is a well playing TAG. Guess that makes him fold KJo here but call KJs. There only one combo of KJs possible. Other hands I think he could play this way: AJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]/JT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]/QJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. AQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]/QT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]/J9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is less likely, but still possible. I don't think he'll ever slowplay hands such as AA/KK preflop given the earlier action and he'll 3-bet JJ as well. 66? Not impossible, calling 66 in this spot at a good table is clearly fine. Your read seems good, I think this type of player folds KJo preflop most of the time.

Hands you're behind of:
KJ[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]/66 (plus 5 combos of KJo discounted to 1.5, and I think that's reasonable)
Hands you're ahead of:
AJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]/JT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]/QJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]/AQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]/QT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]/J9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I think folding would be terrible. Really terrible, I think you're almost ~40% of the time here and even when you're not you have the odds to draw getting 19:1! I would probably check/call him down unless a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] falls. Depending on how tricky I think he is I might bet the turn to prevent giving a freecard, but if I think he'll keep fire with most his big draws I just check/call. He don't even have to fire at the turn very often with a draw for you to be correct to call, you're getting 11.5:1 and have 3 outs even if he has 2-pair.