View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: LAG or Good Player?

Great, great post Bluff.

My biggest leak against these players is undoubtably the river bluff and sorting out when I am ahead and when I am behind. I was reading through a couple of Rolf's old columns and one thing that really struck me was his arrogently-intonated suggesetion that the tough spots are somehow demystified by the "better" players whereas "weaker" players often make the wrong decision. Perhaps some of it has to do with the nature of Internet poker and the general lack of tells. Many of the "face" players make their living reading live action, and for the most part, this luxury just doesn't exist online. As you point out, a great deal of careful observation and notetaking can help you get feel for the percentage of the time a given player will make a play, but in the end it just seems that all you have is a percentage. I try to note the action in each pot as it builds to a climax in order to make sure that it is consistent throughout, but even this can be misleading because the maths are often blatently disregarded.

I feel like I am missing something...