View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Fighting the SuperLAG: A Checkup

Wow, thanks a ton for that link, Naphand. A couple excerpts:
[ QUOTE ]
You must be a LAG against LAG's to make more profit though you must have large bankroll and prepare for big swings.

[/ QUOTE ]
There was a hand last night where I open-raised 55 on the button, SuperLAG 3bet from the BB, I capped. The flop came something like 468 and he led, I raised, he 3bet, and I called. The turn came Q he led, I called, river A, he led, I folded [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] After that hand I sat back and told myself not to try to outlag the lag. But at the same time I was thinking I had to widen my stealing and defend ranges, which, to some extent, is LAGging it up. So I'll have to do some more thinking about that.

I really thought this part was excellent, so I'll quote the whole thing:
[ QUOTE ]
One dialog of LAG's can looks like:

Flop

Bet- i have nothing and try to check if you have anything
Raise- i have any pair or any kind of draw
3-bet-i have middle pair or strong draw
Cap- i want to buy free card on turn with my weak draw/i have middle pair/good kicker

Turn after capped flop

Bet- i try to check if you wanted to buy a card with your cap and i have something im still think is good
Raise-i have TPGK+ or very strong draw or overpair(str8+flush for eg)
3bet- I have TPTK or overpair or 2 pairs+
Cap - I have top 2 pairs+

River
Bet - I have top 2 pairs+
Raise- I have set+
3-bet- I have nearly nuts
Cap - I have nuts

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll have to look through the rest of the thread when I have some real time to dig in.

As for other suggestions, it really hand't occured to me to limp on the button with stuff like T9s, since I figured showing any weakness to this guy would let him outplay me. But as aggressive and unreadable as he is, he's still bad postflop, just a different sort of bad. Maybe I should try to outplay him there since pf is relatively meaningless as far as hand strength goes.

Thanks for the responses.