View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Totally lost TPWK - weird hand

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have any experience with these bet sizes in this situation? What do you think they mean? He bets tiny on the flop, reasonable on the turn, and then small again on the river? Weird. And I viewed a flop raise as a bluff essentially, so I wasn't too happy about it, but I didn't want to fold, but I don't really like my call...I suck at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember a good post by KKF about these marginal spots where he advised to raise it up on the flop. I can't seem to find it though. Your right it's pretty much like a bluff, cause your done if called. But your hand while it may be best is really weak and vunerable to a crap load of cards and you won't feel comfortable calling down as bets get bigger on each street (sans a good read of course). So just put pressure on the flop and win the pot right there. I feel good about putting occasional pressure on the flop with air, vulnerable crap like this, semi-bluffs and Monsters. I feel fine raising the first two cause it's a simple muck if villian raises or stays in the pot. Those WA/WB spots with a less vulnerable hand I'm often calling to see the turn and villians action there. Or with a less vunerable hand like a big Overpair when there is a flush draw and if it blanks on the turn we have much better equity against their range. I know you have advocated this in the past as well.

Ghaz's explaination on the betting sequence was what popped into my head on first thought. He puts you on overs and bets weak hoping you'll fold. Since it pretty much blanks on the turn he fire's big trying to get a fold.