Thread: Guts Tournament
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Guts Tournament

[ QUOTE ]

What I meant was, change the match to X number of bets as a general rule, for the tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea. I always like keeping my blind/ante schedules as simple as possible. Now I just have to figure out the ante schedule, and starting chip amounts. That shouldn't be too rough.

[ QUOTE ]

But, since it's a tourney, why not just make an exception and go table stakes?
"In guts you need to have enough chips in front of you to match the pot if you lose"
Give the short stack an advantage (they already have the short stack disadvantage) and let them pay off less than the pot match if they lose, as you would in normal games with table stakes. They're still out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much what I had in mind. If they have a short stack, they donate and are out if they can't afford to match the whole pot (or can't afford to ante).

If they win, they still win the entire pot though. In my cash game last week, we allowed people to continue to play with a short stack, however they couldn't win the entire pot. In a tourney, they'd be able to win the entire pot, but would be eliminated if they lost. During the first few rounds, they could rebuy to keep playing.