View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Should BK hire Tommy Angelo?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure Tommy is a good teacher, but what exactly are you hoping to learn? His teaching is very much targeted towards live play. My guess is that it is you who can teach him something about the 100/200 online games as opposed to the other way around.

I think Tommy would have some interesting insight, but given where you are with your game, I doubt it's worth $5K to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm perhaps him and I could arrange some sort of trade or reduced rate with me giving some high-stakes online thoughts.

I think I could have a thing or two to learn about live play. That's what I was thinking about the most...as well as the poker and life stuff. I agree I'm not super sure there is a lot of playing hands strategy for me to learn from him(although I'm sure there is some and I have an open mind), but i could definately use his attitude for approaching the game. Now that I think about it I could use a little NL help perhaps.

And going off what worm33 said, I definately don't have a problem with tilting. As a matter of fact I've dropped 200bb in the last 24 hours mostly at 50/100 and 100/200 and I'm still upbeat about poker.

I definately don't want to lose that feerlessness or I'll lose a significant part of my edge in the shorthanded mid/high stakes online games.