View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: A Post Deleted in the WPT Forum

Fyi, from his blog:

Nov. 9th, 2005 @ 10:09 am Finally, the inevitable from 2+2
While I have taken leaves of absence from 2+2 before I always said if they ever deleted one of my posts I'd be gone for good. Not only did they delete a post, they knocked out an entire thread with at least 50-60 posts in it. Mason emailed me this morning:

Paul:

I just spoke to Mat Sklansky who deleted the thread.

Apparently, you made derogartory comments about this site, the moderator, and stated that if any of your posts are ever deleted you would never post here again." I agree that our posters should not be "bad mouthing" the TV players. However, that's no excuse for you to do the same.

Paul, we are considering granting your wish of never allowing you to post here again. You need to appologize, first to us privately, and then to the forum.

It is our policy at Two Plus Two to hold other writers to higher standards, that policy is now extended to well known public figures in poker such as yourself.

I think this is a shame since you are certainly one of the most talented people in all of poker, but having extra talent is no excuse for rude behavior on Two Plus Two.

Best wishes,
Mason

Site: I said the 2+2 interface is brain dead for leaving a "this post has been deleted" placeholder when a post is deleted because it leads to every thread getting hijacked by metadiscussion. (True)
Moderator: I said the moderator pours fuel on the fire by boasting about all the people he's banned. (True)

I do have an apology for you mason! I'm sorry you suck so much. And to the forum, I'm sorry you have to deal with nazi moderators.

Now to post over there one more time so mason can have the satisfaction of banning me for good.

Edit: A 2+2/blog reader was wise enough to save a copy of the offending post and sent it to me.

Subject: 2005 WSOP TOC

Anyone who thinks this is a "freeroll" (and therefore
they didn't do anything wrong) is a sucker.

Anyone who thinks this isn't worthy of comment because
the amount of stolen equity isn't enormous is the
aforereferenced "whore negotiating price."

I haven't followed 2+2 as regularly as I might. When
did every thread in this forum become a
deletion/banning [censored] swinging contest? This site has
the most brain damaged interface I've ever seen;
instead of actually removing a deleted post they leave
up a placeholder that says "post deleted" with the
obvious result that every thread is hijacked by
pointless metadiscussion. And this fellow dynasty
pours fuel on the fire by boasting about all the