View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: I suck at poker - Part 2

what is this man, I think you need a turn-around in your mentality. I just read two hands with the subject lines I Suck At Poker, parts one and two. The first hand you didn't raise in a spot where you could have, bet weakly on the flop and handed your opponenet 2 extra dollars when he raised and you called, having no idea where you were, then making the inevitable fold on the turn. In the second hand, limping in like that when there is also a UTG limper is really a losing play IMO. Most of the time you flop top or middle pair and pay off the big pairs, or flop a draw that you can't semi-bluff with, and still end up losing most of the time anyway. If you raise pre-flop, you know where you are at, and you establish position. If you are re-raised by the UTG limper, you can always fold the $2. You limped, flopped TPMK and could not let it go when it looked like you were pretty much beat to slowplayed 99, AA, KK, or QQ, maybe even JJ. You played two hands less than optimally, beat yourself up for it, posted that you suck at poker and put up a couple weak plays for discussion. Stop beating yourself up, focus on your opponents more and be more aggressive, is what I say to this poster.