View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: 30/60 Bellagio hand from last night

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

FLOP:
Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

first two check, i bet and all call (!!)

5 players to the turn

TURN:
5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, EP (sorta tricky villian) bets, I....

[/ QUOTE ]

consensus was to raise, which I did.

I raise, LP1 coldcalls, LP2 fold, BB coldcalls, donk-better calls

(okay so a tricky aggressive player doesn't have the straight obviously, cold callers prob are on draws, but they are passive so they may have two pair or the low end of the straight)

four players

RIVER:

6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

check, check, your action??

[/ QUOTE ]
With all those people coldcalling your raise, and the chance that the tricky player still may have you beat with a passively played 2 pair, my intention on the turn would be to check the river for a free showdwon. I wouldnt bet the river becuz anybody who cold called my turn riase on a draw will not call me on the river if they missed, and if they didnt have a draw to begin with there is a high chance they have me beat on the turn and played passively, plus there is still a chance the turn bettor has me beat.

However all this changes with that nice river card. Now you have Aces up, and you beat out many 2 pair combinations that loose players can possibly have, and everyone is very unlikely to have trip 6s given the action on the turn. I think you should now value bet this river.